We are dedicated and highly committed to choose and work only with the most qualified and experienced couriers and shipping service providers in the industry. While lost or damaged orders in transit are rare and highly unlikely, having shipping insurance cover offers not only security and peace of mind but assurance of a timely replacement or refund without any additional cost.
Our exclusive and unique Optional Shipping Insurance cover is pegged at 1.2% from your order’s subtotal value. For example, an order with a subtotal value of $1,000.00, can have Optional Shipping Insurance for only $12.00. We have also added something extra and extraordinary that is rarely provided for in insurance policy cover – there is NO Excess Fee on any approved and resolved claim. In the event of lost or damaged orders in transit and a valid claim has been submitted, the applicable Excess Fee is $0.00.
Our incredible Optional Shipping Insurance offer is exclusively available to our Customers who have requested us, on their behalf, to facilitate coverage for the delivery of their order with one of our trusted shipping service providers. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer Optional Shipping Insurance for any order slated for pickup by the Purchaser or someone who will do this on his or her behalf.
Our Optional Shipping Insurance cover begins the moment our trusted shipping service provider or agent has taken possession of the products from our warehouse, as per request and on behalf of the Customer. The shipping service provider gives us a signed document confirming that the product or products they have taken into possession are in original and in undamaged condition for and on behalf of the Customer. The Optional Shipping Insurance ceases upon the delivery of the shipment to the address specified by the Purchaser and the delivery docket has been signed by the receiver. By signing the delivery docket, the receiver is acknowledging that he has received the order, has carefully inspected the contents and is satisfied that order was received in full, in good condition and without damage.
Why Choose the Optional Shipping Insurance?
Choosing the Optional Shipping Insurance is a smart and sensible choice that provides you with a guarantee that your order and your investment is 100% safe and secure. This is particularly beneficial in situations where the statutory consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law may not apply, including where the Products you have ordered are not Products ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use.
In the rare instance that your order is lost or damaged in transit, our team will be there to provide help, support and assistance to have your valid claim processed fast and a replacement shipment dispatched without delay.
Receiving Delivery and Filing Claims
When your order arrives, the receiver will be asked by the person making the delivery to sign a delivery docket. It is important to note that by signing the delivery docket, the Receiver is acknowledging that he has received the order, has carefully inspected the contents and is satisfied that order was received in full, in good condition and without damage.
- We strongly advise that you sign the delivery docket ONLY when you have carefully inspected the delivery and acknowledge that you have received your order in full, in good condition and without any damage. If you are unable to carefully check your delivery for any reason, we recommend signing the delivery docket but ADD the words ‘Subject to checking upon unpacking’. Failure to do this, will complete your delivery and cease your shipping insurance cover even if the delivery you signed for is not complete or worse, damaged.
We genuinely value and care about our clients and will always give our best effort to assist in any way we can. A signed delivery docket however, without the words ‘Subject to checking upon unpacking’, leaves us unable to help or do anything. There is a very limited amount of assistance we can provide if a delivery docket has been signed without the ‘Subject to checking upon unpacking’ line. A signed delivery docket literally translates to “Receiver is acknowledging that it has received the order, has carefully inspected the delivered contents and is satisfied that the order was received in full, in good condition and without any damage.”
- If your order arrives with visible damage, please do NOT accept delivery or sign the delivery docket. By signing the delivery docket, the receiver is acknowledging that he has received the order, has carefully inspected the contents and is satisfied that order was received in full, in good condition and without damage. Affixing a signature on the delivery docket automatically concludes the delivery and insurance ceases.
- If multiple items have been delivered and not all have visible damage, we recommended signing the delivery docket, but clearly stating that you have ‘received a specific product or products damaged’ and for the rest adding the words ‘Subject to checking upon unpacking’. By signing delivery docket without ‘received a specific product or products damaged’ and ‘Subject to checking upon unpacking’, you are acknowledging that you have received the order, have carefully inspected its contents and are satisfied that the order was received in full, in good condition and without any damage. Affixing a signature on the delivery docket automatically concludes the delivery and insurance ceases.
- If the delivery is received damaged, but damage is not apparent at the time of delivery, then the receiver has strictly 7 business days from the day the order has been accepted to contact us and report the damage. Do note that you ALSO MUST have written ‘Subject to checking upon unpacking’ on your delivery docket to file a claim. Images of the damages must be submitted to the team member assigned to assist you in processing your claim. Failure to contact us and submit your report within 7 business days from day the order was accepted will automatically result in the rejection of your claim.
- For orders lost in transit, we only need confirmation from the shipping service provider that the order is lost and we will dispatch a replacement immediately (subject to stock availability) or provide a credit/refund upon instructions from the Purchaser. We consider orders to be missing or lost in transit when the receiver has not received delivery 7 days after the anticipated date of delivery arrival. The receiver has an additional 7 business days (total of 14 business days) after the anticipated arrival date of goods to contact us and report that the order has not been received and is likely lost or missing. When our team is contacted, we will immediately contact the shipping provider responsible for the delivery and, upon confirmation from the shipping provider, we will have the claim processed and a shipping replacement sent out without delay. Unfortunately, all notifications and claims for missing items will automatically be rejected if our team received no notification within the stated 14-day claim filing period.